The Final Agreement for the Termination of the Conflict and the Construction of a stable and lasting Peace, in its section 3 regarding the End of the conflict, establishes that the reincorporation of the FARC-EP, will be defined by the NATIONAL COUNCIL OF REINCORPORATION , also known as CNR, for its Spanish acronym.
Generalities: CNR was created as a government body through Decree 2027 of 2016, dated December 7, 2016.
Composition : It is made up by:
- Two (02) members of the National Government.
- Joshua Mitrotti Ventura. ARN's General Director
- Rodrigo Rivera. High Commissioner for Peace.
- Two (02) members of the FARC-EP:
- Pastor Alape.
- Jairo Quintero.
- CNR may invite government entities, social organizations and international organizations to carry out their functions.
- Territorial Councils for Reincorporation.
- Define activities,
- Establish the schedule and
- Follow-up on the Reincorporation Process of the FARC-EP into the legal life in the economic, social and political aspects, according to their interests.
- Define the activities, establish the timetable and follow-up on the Reincorporation Process of the members of the FARC-EP;
- Provide guidelines to ensure coordination with the competent entities for the work to be carried out by the social and solidarity economy organization composed of members of the FARC-EP undergoing a Reincorporation Process, called Social Economies of the Common (ECOMUN), discussed in section 220.127.116.11 of the Final Agreement;
- Define the terms, conditions and functions of the Territorial Reincorporation Councils.
- Define the content, form of application, custody and good use of the socioeconomic census information for the former members of the FARC-EP undergoing a Reincorporation Process;
- Verify the viability of the collective productive projects and services of the process of economic and social reintegration of the members of the FARC-EP that decide to participate in collective projects through ECOMUN or those that individually wish to undertake productive or housing projects;
- Define the terms and duration of the Social Reintegration plans or programs identified based on the results of the Socioeconomic Census, which is discussed in section 18.104.22.168 of the Final Agreement;
- Arrange with the departmental assemblies and governors the work of pedagogy of Peace to be developed by the spokespersons appointed by the FARC-EP undergoing a Reincorporation Process, in accordance with the agreement in section 22.214.171.124. "Pedagogy of Peace" of the Final Agreement;
- Discuss the special measures of attention and protection of children and adolescents who have left or leave the camps of the FARC-EP, from the beginning of the peace talks to the end of the process of the abandonment of weapons;
- Prepare the guidelines of the Special Comprehensive Program for the restitution of the rights of children and adolescents who leave the FARC-EP, based on the proposal presented by the technical panel created through Joint Communication No. 70. The Program it must be adopted by the competent authorities;
- Follow-up on the program of reincorporation into civil life of the former members of the FARC-EP and the Special Comprehensive Program for the restitution of the rights of children and adolescents leaving the FARC-EP, in coordination with the competent entities of the State;
- Receive periodic ECOMUN reports related to the execution of resources;
- Define the preparatory activities for reincorporation that will take place in the Transitional Rural Zones for Reincorporation and Transitional Normalization Points, so that they may be executed by the competent entities;
Report to the Commission of Monitoring, Promotion, and Verification of the Implementation of the Final Agreement on the work done.