The Colombian Agency for the Reintegration of Armed People and Groups has the following functions:
1. Advise the National Government in the implementation of the Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) policy into the civilian life of persons or armed groups organized outside the law, who voluntarily demobilize individually or collectively.
2. Implement, design, execute and evaluate within the framework of the Disarmament Demobilization and Reintegration Policy the social, economic and legal benefits granted to the demobilized population of armed groups outside the law.
3. Formulate, implement, evaluate and promote plans, programs and projects aimed at strengthening the Reintegration Process of the demobilized population and their families.
4. Strengthen the reconciliation process with the receptor communities of demobilized population that will consolidate the Reintegration Process.
5. Design, execute and evaluate the Reintegration Process in accordance with the benefits that are agreed in the negotiating tables of peace processes or those established by the National Government to such purpose.
6. Coordinate with state entities that, according to their competencies, carry out activities or functions aimed at facilitating the development of disarmament, demobilization and reintegration processes.
7. To coordinate and follow up on the actions of the state entities that, according to their competence, carry out activities or functions aimed at facilitating the reintegration processes of minors disengaged from the conflict and adults who voluntarily demobilize in an individual or collective manner.
8. Provide advise on, accompany and define jointly with the High Commissioner for Peace, the topics on the social and economic benefits that are discussed and agreed on at the peace negotiation tables with the groups that are organized outside the law that voluntarily demobilize. In addition, execute and evaluate the benefits that are agreed therein and that are related to the reintegration of the beneficiary population.
9. Define, agree on and evaluate the National Plan of Action, in coordination with entities, according to their functional competence, so that they they contribute to the Reintegration Process and develop programs, strategies and goals that are required for the inclusion into the civilian life of persons or armed groups organized outside the law that voluntarily demobilize.
10. Accompany and advise the competent entities in the definition of policies and strategies related to the prevention of the recruitment and disengagement of children, adolescents and young people from organized armed groups outside the law.
11. Support the competent entities in the actions that they execute in the matter of the definition and application of legal benefits for the population that demobilize voluntarily.
12. Coordinate the implementation of the Reintegraiton Policy with territorial entities, local authorities and various actors of civil society.
13. Promote alliances with national and international cooperation agencies for the implementation and development of the Reintegration Process in coordination with the competent authorities.
14. Execute international technical cooperation resources and provide international assistance, in coordination with the Presidential Agency for International Cooperation of Colombia.
15. Consolidate the Information System for Reintegration - SIR for the follow-up, monitoring, and evaluation of the Reintegration Process participants and develop the modules that are required for such purpose.
16. Receive and manage the resources, contributions and funds for financing the operation of the Colombian Agency for the Reintegration of Armed People and Groups and the plans and projects that are developed in the matter of reintegration.
17. Manage the human, physical and financial resources under the entitty's responsibility, in accordance with the principles of the administrative function.
18. Other functions that apply according to the nature of the entity and that are assigned to it by the Law.
See Decreto 4138 de 2011, "por el cual se crea la Agencia Colombiana para la Reintegración de Personas y Grupos Alzados en Armas y se establecen sus objetivos y estructura".
See Resolución 2152 de 2015, "por la cual se crean grupos de trabajo en la estructura interna de la Entidad, se asignan funciones y se dictan otras disposiciones".